We have taken the current coronavirus situation very seriously and have been closely following the guidelines and advice given by the New Zealand government, Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation.
BodyFit has a special concern for those people over the age of 50 who are especially vulnerable to developing severe symptoms. That’s why we put in place robust hygiene policies to keep you safe.
Your safety while in our care is our number one priority. And therefore, we have implemented a number of measures to eliminate or minimise the risk of contamination while receiving physiotherapy and acupuncture treatment at BodyFit Physiotherapy.
Here is a list of just some of the measures we have implemented:
- Aggressive hand washing and sanitising procedures have been re-enforced among all BodyFit staff
- All frequently touched surfaces such as desks, door handles, eftpos machines are disinfected at least three times a day
- We have rolled out the use of disposable paper treatment bed covers during the time of the pandemic. These are changed and disposed of after every single patient
- All treatment bed vinyl surfaces are disinfected after every patient
- A “stay-at-home-if-in-doubt” policy has been implemented among all BodyFit staff. If any member of our team experiences any cold-like symptoms they have been instructed to stay at home until they feel completely back to normal
- We will be asking patients who display visible symptoms of cold or flu to contact their GP prior to commencing physiotherapy treatment
- A COVID Tracer App QR code will be displayed in the reception area
- Only 1 person (or a couple from the same “bubble”) are allowed in the waiting area at any one time. Patients are instructed to wait in their cars until we call them and ask to come to the clinic.
- All staff members at BodyFit Physiotherapy Group will be wearing masks during Alert Level 2 for your safety
- If we are treating anyone with even a mild cough we will ask them to wear a mask (which we provide) to stop the potential spread of infection
- We monitor the situation continuously and endeavour to respond to any changes timely and efficiently
Please do not be offended if we ask you to wear a mask during your treatment.
Because of our robust coronavirus containment measures we strongly believe it is safe for you to receive treatment at BodyFit Physiotherapy Group. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will update you should there be any significant changes.
Should you have any concerns please call us on 09-5328942.
If you require physiotherapy treatment but currently experience some cold-like symptoms especially cough, fever or breathlessness please contact your GP first.