Your safety comes first. To ensure that we do everything in our power to minimise the risk of COVID-19 spread we have implemented a number of measures in our clinics during Alert Level 2:
- Probably one of the most important things to mention is what happens just before your physiotherapy consultation. We realise that crowded waiting areas are not a good idea right now. So we decided to do away with waiting areas for now. So when you arrive for your appointment please wait in your car. When the physiotherapist is ready to see you we will send you a text message. The physiotherapist will then go and meet you downstairs at the front entrance to the building and invite you in. That way you don’t have to be sitting in a small waiting room with 5 other people.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask. Please don’t be alarmed when you see your physio or acupuncturist wearing a mask. What we try to do is stop the potential spread of the virus. We are having to take this precautionary measure because we work in close contact with people. Now, whether you wear a mask or not is totally up to you.
- We will be screening all “new injury” appointments at the time of booking for any symptoms of cold or flu. If you report any of these symptoms please don’t be offended if we advise you to contact your medical practice first.
- There will be no linen used on treatment beds except for pillow cases. Now, this will probably feel unusual especially if you’re one of our “regular” patients. Instead we are going to be wiping the treatment bed vinyl with anti-septic solution after each consultation and place a disposable bed paper covers for each patient. These are changed and disposed of after every single patient. This is all for your protection.
- A strict “stay-at-home-if-in-doubt” policy has been implemented among all BodyFit staff. If any member of our team experiences any cold-like symptoms they have been instructed to stay at home until they feel completely back to normal.