We went through 7 weeks of lockdown (Level 4 and then Level 3).
You may have needed hands-on physiotherapy treatment but all you could get is video call consultation.
Now, video consults certainly have their place…
However, there is nothing like hands-on physiotherapy treatment.
To be honest, on Thursday the 14th of May (the first day of Level 2) it seemed like the floodgates have opened. Our phone was ringing. Many of our patients were very keen to have thier long overdue aches and pains sorted out.
Anyway, I’m glad to confirm that YES, we are open again and you can now see us face-to-face at any of our 3 clinics:
- Howick Recreation Centre
- Pakuranga Community Centre
- Howick RSA
Now, Level “2” is not Level “0” by any stretch of imagination. And we fully realise that the risk is still there. The last thing we want to do is get complacent.
So we have implemented very robust measures at our clinics to keep you and our staff safe.
Here is a list of things to be aware of:
- Probably one of the most important things to mention is what happens just before your physiotherapy consultation. We realise that crowded waiting areas are not a good idea right now. So we decided to do away with waiting areas for now. So when you arrive for your appointment please wait in your car. When the physiotherapist is ready to see you we will send you a text message. The physiotherapist will then go and meet you downstairs at the front entrance to the building and invite you in. That way you don’t have to be sitting in a small waiting room with 5 other people.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask. Please don’t be alarmed when you see your physio or acupuncturist wearing a mask. What we try to do is stop the potential spread of the virus. We are having to take this precautionary measure because we work in close contact with people. Now, whether you wear a mask or not is totally up to you.
- We will be screening all “new injury” appointments at the time of booking for any symptoms of cold or flu. If you report any of these symptoms please don’t be offended if we advise you to contact your medical practice first.
- There will be no linen used on treatment beds except for pillow cases. Now, this will probably feel unusual especially if you’re one of our “regular” patients. Instead we are going to be wiping the treatment bed vinyl with anti-septic solution after each consultation and place a disposable bed paper covers for each patient. These are changed and disposed of after every single patient. This is all for your protection.
- A strict “stay-at-home-if-in-doubt” policy has been implemented among all BodyFit staff. If any member of our team experiences any cold-like symptoms they have been instructed to stay at home until they feel completely back to normal.
To book your appointment please call us on the usual number 09-5328942. Or alternatively you can book online here: https://nzappts.gensolve.com/bodyfit
P.S. By the way we realise that these are tough times for many. In case if due to the COVID-19 situation you lost your income for a limited time we will not charge ACC surcharge. So if you have been affected this way and need physiotherapy treatment please bring along a redundancy letter from your employer or something similar to show us during your first consultation.